What is Mylan Fentanyl patch?
Mylan Fentanyl patch is a category of drugs known as opioids which are recommended when a person suffers from persistent chronic pain. Such persons need pain relief constantly and are already on other narcotic medications prior to the administration of Mylan Fentanyl patch. It comes in the form of a skin patch that slowly delivers fentanyl through the skin into the bloodstream for about 72 hours. The amount of the drug released into the blood depends on the surface area of the patch that you use, other components of the patch remaining pharmacologically inactive.
Working of Mylan Fentanyl patch:
It acts on the brain to alter the way in which our brain and body feels and responds to a particular pain. It enhances pain tolerance capacity.
Components of the Mylan Fentanyl patch:
Each of the patches has a particular surface area, and the nonmedical ingredients are silicone adhesive, polyolefin film backing, white ink, and polyester release liner. Here are the different doses of patches available with us
- Fentanyl 12.5 mcg/hr in white for the 12.5 micrograms/hour strength.
- Fentanyl 25 mcg/hr in white for the 25 micrograms/hour strength.
- Fentanyl 37.5 mcg/hr in white for the 37.5 micrograms/hour strength.
- Fentanyl 50 mcg/hr in white for the 50 micrograms/hour strength.
- Fentanyl 62.5 mcg/hr in white for the 62.5 micrograms/hour strength.
- Fentanyl 75 mcg/hr in white for the 75 micrograms/hour strength.
- Fentanyl 87.5 mcg/hr in white for the 87.5 micrograms/hour strength.
- Fentanyl 100 mcg/hr in white for the 100 micrograms/hour strength.
The number beneath the name Mylan Fentanyl Patch refers to the amount of fentanyl in micrograms
Using the Mylan Fentanyl patch:
This is a transdermal patch and its dose depends on a number of factors that include the dose of the medicine which the patient is using currently before beginning this particular type of drug. Other factors include body weight, other medical conditions and the other medications which are taken.
First of all, you need to apply a patch to the mom-irritated and non-irradiated part of the skin, i.e the area that hasn’t been exposed to any radiation. This must be a flat surface such as the chest, back, upper arm or flank. It is essential to clip off the air at the site of the application instead of shaving it.
Before applying, make sure to clean the area with water. Avoid using soaps, oils, lotions, alcohol or any other ingredient which irritates the skin. Such products like alcohol, soap or other chemicals cause the fentanyl to be absorbed in a faster rate that leads to unwanted side effects. You should let the skin dry completely before applying the patch.
You can put on a patch for a period of 72 hours after which a new one can be used. While using it, make sure to press it for a period of 30 sec firmly with your hands against the application area, without folding it, so that it will stick to the area.
Is this drug habit-forming in nature?
Yes, taking Mylan Fentanyl can be habit-forming if you take it for a longer duration. It must not be stopped without consulting the doctor as it can result in different withdrawal symptoms. Here is the list of withdrawal symptoms:
- trouble sleeping
Side-effects of Mylan fentanyl patch:
- The occurrence of a cold or clammy skin
- Experiencing confusion
- Feelings of dizziness
- Occurrence of hallucinations
- severe sleepiness
- The occurrence of a slow heartbeat
- Experiencing slow or shallow breathing
- Facing trouble while breathing
- Being unable to think, walk, or talk normally
- Feeling faint
- Experiencing seizure
Some rare side effects that can be seen in at least 15 of the patients using this include:
- Occurrence of constipation
- Occurrence of diarrhea
- Facing difficulty in sleeping
- Facing difficulty in concentrating
- Dry mouth
- Experiencing abdominal or stomach pain that was not present before treatment
- Experiencing agitation
- The occurrence of bloated feeling or gas
- Skin itchiness or irritation or burning sensation at the site of application
- Experiencing tiredness
- Experiencing weakness
- Feeling anxious
- Experiencing a headache
- Experiencing indigestion
- Experiencing a loss of appetite
- Experiencing a memory loss
- Experiencing nervousness
- Experiencing the sensation of crawling, tingling, itchiness, or
Some serious side effects include:
- The occurrence of mood changes
- Experiencing pounding or irregular heartbeat
- Experiencing signs of depression such as poor concentration, changes in weight, changes in sleep, decreased interest in activities, thoughts of suicide
- Experiencing signs of liver problems such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss, yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, pale stools
- Follow the instructions of the doctor strictly. Change the patch that has been there for more than 3days. It must not be disposed of in waste water or in household garbage
- Avoid using 2 patches to make up for the missed one.
- Inform the doctor about your medical conditions or any allergies before taking the medicine. Other health issues which must be informed to the doctor include head injury, kidney function, liver function, slowed heart rate, etc.
- Pregnant mothers and lactating women need to consult the doctor before taking the medicine as it might lead to some negative impact.
- Gradually stop the medicine instead of suddenly stopping it as it may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Inform the doctor about abdominal conditions such as inflammatory or obstructive bowel disease, acute cholecystitis, or pancreatitis, to know the need for change in dosing or the need for monitoring.
- Be careful about accidental exposure while hugging or moving in bed a sit may cause serious issue or death.
- The drug leads to a reduction in alertness and drowsiness, so avoid doing any work that needs you to stay alert such as driving a car or operating a machine.
- Do not expose the application site to external heat sources as too much medication can be released if this is done. In case of fever, the dose delivered to you may rise because of body heat. Inform the doctor in such cases.
- If you have developed tolerance towards the drug then do not increase the dose yourself, consult the doctor and he will provide you with the right dose
- Children below 18 years should not take this.
- Elderly people are more prone to this drug and need less dose.
- Tell the doctor about the other medicines that you are taking so that he can tell you if there are any chances of drug interaction.
Buy Mylan Fentanyl Patches :
Where to buy this drug? You can Buy Mylan Fentanyl Patches from our pharma store. If you do not have a prescription still you can buy it but make sure to take it only under the guidance of a physician to avoid its negative consequences. Buy Mylan Fentanyl Patches from us with discount starting today.