What is Percocet?
Percocet is a painkiller prescription medicine that was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration 1976. It contains oxycodone and acetaminophen. These are the opioid pain reliever and non-opioid pain relievers respectively.
Working of Percocet:
The Oxycodone present in Percocet is like morphine and it functions in the brain by modifying the way in which our body feels and reacts to pain.
Acetaminophen helps in reducing fever. It reduces some chemicals in the body that are associated with pain through its pain control mechanism.
What are the other street names of this medicine and in what different forms is it available for purchase?
Percocet is available in a number of other names such as Depalgos, Endocet, Ratio-Oxycocet, Roxicet, Tylox. It comes in different forms such as
- 5 Mg-325 Mg
- 5 Mg-325 Mg
- 5 Mg-325 Mg
- 10 Mg-325 Mg
Buy Percocet online:
You can buy Percocet from our online store. This product is shipped worldwide to different countries.
How Percocet should be taken?
This medicine can be taken with food or in empty stomach. If you are consuming its liquid form then you should make careful measurements as per the doctor’s advice in order to avoid overdose and addiction.
Impact of an overdose of Percocet:
An overdose of Percocet causes fatal consequences. Some symptoms of overdose include feelings like passing out, facing problem while breathing, slow or shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, coma, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, sweating, stomach or abdominal pain, extreme tiredness, yellowing eyes or skin, the occurrence of dark urine. In these cases, you need to call the poison control center immediately. For an immediate remedy, you can give naloxone to the person for reducing the side-effects.
The side-effects of Percocet:
You should know what side effects can occur on taking Percocet. If the common side effects start worsening, you must call the doctor. These are enumerated below:
- Experiencing dizziness and feelings of lightheadedness
- Chances of vomiting
- Occurrence of constipation
- The feeling of nauseatic sensation
There are chances of some serious side-effects, which are as under:
- Seldom rare allergic reactions may occur such as rash, itching or swollen face, tongue or throat, facing problem in breathing and extreme dizziness.
- The improper functioning of the adrenal glands which leads to a loss of appetite.
- Feeling tired
- Loss of weight.
- Facing difficulty while urination
- Feeling extreme pain in the abdomen.
- The occurrence of mood swings
Percocet’s interaction with other drugs:
There are certain drugs which interact with Percocet, so you should avoid taking them along with Percocet. These interactions include:
- Pentazocine, nalbuphine, butorphanol are the medications for pain are the mixed opioid agonist/antagonists. They must not be taken with Percocet
- Avoid taking Percocet with Naltrexone.
- Azole antifungals like ketoconazole, macrolide antibiotics like erythromycin, HIV medications like ritonavir, rifamycins like rifabutin, rifampin, drugs for seizure treatment like carbamazepine, phenytoin etc. can neutralize the impact of Percocet on the body. So such combination needs to be avoided.
You should follow these safety precautions to avoid any kind of discomfort while taking the medicine:
- Taking fiber-rich food can prevent constipation. In severe cases,
you can consult the doctor and take a laxative with doctor’s advice.
- Do not take the medication for a longer duration as this might
cause withdrawal symptoms when you stop the medication completely.
- Lactating mothers should avoid this medicine as it may pass to the baby through the milk and result in sleeplessness, feeding and breathing problems in the newborn.
- You need to exercise extra caution by maintaining the right diet while taking the medication if you a diabetic or have liver problem, phenylketonuria (PKU) etc.
- It better to avoid the medication during pregnancy as it can hurt the unborn baby.
- Avoid driving or do anything that requires alertness as it might cause accidents because the drug causes drowsiness. Aged patients should exercise extra caution if they experience dizziness and breathing problems.
You can avoid dizziness by resting for 1-2 hours and preventing frequent head movements. Also, avoid drinking alcohol and other products containing alcohol.
7.Tell the doctor about the medical history of the patient before taking this medicine. It includes disorders associated with the brain like tremors, seizure, problems related to breathing like asthma, sleep apnea, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), kidney problem, liver problem, mental disorders like confusion, depression, intestinal problems like constipation, diarrhea due to infection, etc., disease in the gallbladder and pancreatitis.
8.Inform the doctor regarding the medications you are taking and also if you are having any kind of allergies as the constituents of this medication might cause allergic reactions.
Developing physical dependence on Percocet:
There are chances that a patient would become physically dependent on Percocet. This depends on certain factors such as the dosage, duration for which it has been consumed, and the health conditions of the person. Such people experience withdrawal symptoms on suddenly decreasing or leaving the dose. Such symptoms are yawning anxiety, increased heart rate, and blood pressure, restlessness .nervousness, muscle aches, tremor, irritability, chills alternating with hot flashes, salivation, anorexia
severe sneezing, lacrimation, rhinorrhea, dilated pupils, diaphoresis, piloerection, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, insomnia, weakness, and depression
Getting a prescription for Percocet:
By thoroughly examining the type and intensity of the pain and your medical condition, your doctor can prescribe Percocet for you. If you do not have the prescription with you then also you can purchase this drug from our online store. But we strictly advise you to consult a good physician before taking this medicine. This will help you in avoiding its potential side effects.
Is Percocet legal?
In the US, Percocet is a schedule II drug. This implies that it has a high potential for abuse. Legally you can purchase it with a valid prescription only for safe usage. want to Buy Percocet? You can Buy Percocet Here.