What is Vicodin?
Vicodin is a prescription pain killer. Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen are mixed to form Vicodin of which Hydrocodone acts as an opioid pain reliever and acetaminophen acts as a non-opioid pain reliever. It is available in the market in different forms such as 5/300 tablets, 7.5/300. 10/300 and 7.5/750 tablets. Different brand names in which this medicine is available are Hycet, Lorcet, Lorcet Plus, Lortab, Maxidone, Norco, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Zamicet, Zydone. It acts differently for opioid addicts and for the non-addicts.
Working of Vicodin:
Vicodin operates in the brain to modify the way in which the body feels the pain and reacts to it. Fever is reduced by acetaminophen. Owing to its risky side-effects, small children below the age of 6 are restricted to take this medicine.
Our pharmaceutical store is the best place to purchase Vicodin. We ship it to our customers residing in various countries worldwide.
The dosage of Vicodin:
It is always recommended to take a smaller dose of this medicine for a lesser duration. After examining the intensity of the pain, reaction to the dose and past experience with analgesics, addiction, abuse or misuse, the doctor increases the dose for you.
1-2 Vicodin tablets of 5/300 are recommended for adults which are taken at an interval of 4-6 hrs. You should limit the maximum number to 8 tablets.1 tablet of 7.5/300 or 10/300 can be taken every 4-6 hours with a maximum limit of 6.
Impact of an overdose of Vicodin :
You can see serious symptoms occurring in case of Vicodin overdoses such as feelings of passing out, facing trouble while breathing, slow or shallow breathing, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, sweating, stomach or abdominal pain, extreme tiredness, slow heartbeat, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine, chances of entering into coma.
It is better to carry naloxone with you when you are under such types of medication because this can be administered for reducing these overdose symptoms. Then you have to call the poison control center or seek immediate medical attention to prevent the situation from worsening.
Side-effects of Vicodin:
You need to be aware of what can happen after you start taking this medicine. Here is the list of side-effects which you may have to face after taking Vicodin:
- When there is a chronic use of opioids, androgen deficiency occurs.
- Chances of experiencing dizziness, sedation, nausea, and vomiting.
- When you use opioids for more than one month, adrenal insufficiency occurs
- The occurrence of problems in the gastrointestinal System such as constipation.
- Experiencing issues in the genitourinary System such as ureteral spasm, spasm of vesical sphincters, and urinary retention.
- Anaphylaxis occurs with the ingredients in hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen tablets.
- The occurrence of dermatological problems such as skin rash, pruritus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, allergic reactions.
- Hematological issues such as thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis.
- The occurrence of Serotonin syndrome which is a potentially life-threatening condition. It occurs because of simultaneous use of opioids with serotonergic drugs.
- Reactions on the Central Nervous System include drowsiness, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, psychological dependence, mood changes.
- Chances of occurrence of hearing impairment or permanent loss because of a chronic overdose of Vicodin.
- Experiencing light-headedness.
What safety precautions do you need to take while you are under this medication?
Here are certain steps that should be followed to have a smoothe experience while you are under the medication:
- The side effects are more prominent in older persons so extra caution needs to be exercised while administering the medicine on them.
- It can pass through the breast milk to the newborn which can cause unusual sleepiness, difficulty feeding, or trouble breathing. So breastfeeding mothers should avoid it.
- The drug causes dizziness or drowsiness. So you should avoid alcohol or marijuana and also avoid doing any work that needs you to stay alert.
- If you are going to have surgery, you should inform your doctor about all the prescription, non-prescription as well as herbal supplements that you are taking. So that the doctor can tell you if you can take this meidicne safety or not.
- If you have an allergy to this medication, its ingredients or any other opioids or if you have any other types of allergies, then you should let your doctor know this.
- You should avoid this medicine during pregnancy as it leads to unwanted effects on the unborn baby. In extreme cases, consult the doctor and then only take it.
- Children are more prone to shallow or slow breathing on taking this drug.
- You should let the doctor know all your medical history. This helps him in determining if it is right to recommend this medicine for you. Here are some of the health issues that you must specify while consulting the doctor:
- Kidney disease.
- Liver disease
- Mental or mood disorders such as confusion, depression, thoughts of suicide.
- Breathing problems such as asthma, sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-COPD.
- Brain disorders such as head injury, tumor, seizures.
- Stomach or intestinal problems such as blockage, constipation, diarrhea because of infection, paralytic ileus.
- Facing problem while urinating, such as due to an enlarged prostate.
- Gallbladder disease.
- Disease of the pancreas or pancreatitis.
- Personal or family history of a substance use disorder such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol.
Getting a prescription for Vicodin:
After a thorough examination of your health condition, the doctor can prescribe Vicodin for you. If you do not have the prescription, then also you can buy it from our online pharma store. But we recommend you to consult a good physician before taking it.
Is Vicodin legal?
In the US, Vicodin is a Schedule II drug, which means that it has a high potential for abuse. Its abuse can lead to extreme psychological or physical dependence.So it is a safer practice to buy it with a valid prescription only.
There are no reviews yet.